Continuing on from our successful Juniors Registration Day held in February, the Preston Lions Football Club is pleased to announce that we have more than doubled the number of junior teams entered with FFV for competition in 2013. With seven junior teams in total and over 70 kids participating in pre-season training, the year ahead looks a promising one for the club. As part of this progression, the club has also entered an U15/16 Girls team for the first time, which will complement and act as a feeder base for the Women’s Senior team which competes at the highest level in the state, the Women’s Premier League.
The junior age groups for 2013 are as follows:
- U7 Boys & Girls (mixed) – training Tuesday & Thursday @ 6pm
- U9 Boys & Girls (mixed) – training Tuesday & Thursday @ 6:30pm
- U11 Boys & Girls (mixed) – training Tuesday & Thursday @ 6:30pm
- U12 Boys – training Wednesday & Friday @ 6pm
- U14 Boys – training Tuesday & Thursday @ 6:30pm
- U18 Boys – training Wednesday & Friday @ 6:30pm
- U15/16 Girls – training Tuesday & Thursday @ 6:30pm
There are still several spots available in our Boys Under 14, Boys Under 18 and Girls Under 15/16 age groups for anyone interested in joining the club.
We are extremely grateful to all kids and parents who have decided to call Preston Lions their home for season 2013 and we look forward to a successful junior season.